Daniel wrote:
SanDigital wrote:
Hey,

I was running Seamonkey 1.1.7 on an iMac running 10.3.9... then my
hard drive crashed. But, I did do regular backups on an external
drive.

I bought a new MacBook running 10.5.6 and have downloaded SeaMonkey
1.1.13.

I'd like to retrieve all of my old email messages so that my new
SeaMonkey mail looks pretty much like the old one. Is that possible?
If so, where on the harddrive is that data stored? I couldn't find
it...

Thanks

I know next to nothing about Mac's, but.......

Is your iMac running again?? If so, start SeaMonkey and have a look at Edit|Mail&Newsgroup Account Setting and select "Server Settings" on your mail account. At the bottom of this screen there is a "Local Directory" location. This is where all your profile stuff should be. Copy this over to your new MacBook, then set yourself up with a new profile (start the profile manager or use Tools Switch Profiles and select Manage Profiles) and point it to where you copied the old profile.

HTH

Your Profile is in your User's Folder. Go to Library ƒ / Mozilla ƒ / Profiles ƒ / Default ƒ/ sit ƒ / Mail ƒ ........ Before making a copy of the contents of the Mail ƒ delete the msf files

Make sure you do NOT have SeaMonkey open while transferring from the old to the new folder.

Good luck,

M KC