Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Ray K wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Ray K wrote:
I eagerly wait for each new revision of SM, hoping that my scrolling
bar problem finally will be fixed. Even with v1.1.14, it still exists.

Each time I launch SM, it goes to my home page of my.yahoo.com. If I
scroll down, say halfway, click a link, then hit the Back button,
the scrolling bar doesn't memorize its previous position. Instead,
it returns to the topmost position.

Oddly, if go to yahoo.com, scroll down, click on a link, then hit
Back, the scrolling bar does remember were it had been.

Suspecting that the problem may exist at any page I designate as my
home page, I made yahoo.com my home page. Scrolled down, clicked a
link, hit Back, and the scrolling bar remembered its previous position.

This problem exists at many other sites as well, so it's not
something oddball just with my.yahoo.com.

Thanks for your comments.

Ray

perhaps its a problem with the website design and NOT the program.

I find it hard to believe that yahoo.com is okay, but my.yahoo.com
isn't. Seem likely that both addresses were designed by the same
person or group.

Do you even encounter the situation that after clicking on Back, the
scroll bar doesn't return to where it previously was?

Ray

yes, many times. To me, its no big deal. I just use my mouse, grab the
scroll bar, and move it.

Just to confirm, the problem exists in SM - works fine in IE7 and Safari.

Not sure why.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net