Rob Lindauer wrote:
I'm trying to play some streaming video ("Doppler radar" at http://www.wfsb.com/video/9688512/index.html/index.html) via SM 1.1.14 on my Kutuntu 8.10 system.

I have .wmv files associated with Kaffeine via my SM preferences, and they open right up in my browser.

When I try to play the weather video above, I get a "missing plugin" message from SM.

I suppose I need to define another filetype in my preference, but don't know what it is; or perhaps Kaffeine doesn't handle streaming video, or needs some plugin I don't know about.

Can someone suggest a good way to view the video via SM?

(Likely an elementary question - I'm relatively new at Linux....)

Thanks!

if there's a vid there, then I can't play it. It plays fine in Firefox, but not SM. Anyways, the rest of the vids on that page require flash.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm