NoOp wrote:

I primarily killed/ignored that thread on dev becuase: 1) it was on dev
rather than on mozilla.support.seamonkey where the 'users' actually are,

I agree with that. The vast majority of opinions that were posted within that thread mostly came from developers. The users opinion wasn't sought, after all, they're the ones using the program.