Rick Simon wrote:
is there any way of telling SeaMonkey to enable/disable e-mail encryption automatically depending on whether or not I have the recipient's certificate?

No. I don't know whether there are extensions that provide what you request but I doubt it. While you are composing a mail you can change the set of recipients at any time. What you request would require to check for available certificates any time you change that set. Beyond that the idea of enabling encryption is to make it a requirement, i.e. prevent sending the mail if not all recipients provide a certificate. If encryption is switched off when one out of many recipients provides no certificate you will hardly notice or be annoyed in case it would be made noticeable and happen frequently.

Greetings,

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>