for those who are wondering, but the news server aioe is back up and running again.

NOTE: if you get an error message, then delete the newsgroups you have, refresh the list, and re-subscribe to them.

ANOTHER NOTE: some groups may have been removed so you need to contact aioe and ask for their return.