SM 1.1.14 on Win98se.
In my message about cross posting I wrote:

I wanted to cross post an article to
mozilla.support.seamonkey  and bellsouth.net.support.news-service.
The news server  newsgroups.bellsouth.net carries both groups
and I am subscribed to the mozilla.support.seamonkey newsgroup
on both servers.
However connected to the server newsgroups.bellsouth.net,
when I tried to cross post my article, I received the error
message that I can not post an article to two servers!
I had to post the article separately to each group!

What's going on? Why was SM checking the mozilla server
subscription list?
-------------------------------

In addition while I was composing my article I was receiving
spurious messages from the system:
 One message complained about improper characters in the message
 and asking me whether I wanted to send the message in utf-8 encoding.
 A second message complained that my message could not be saved as
 a draft message and that I could only post to one news server at
 a time.
Each of the error messages popped up several times with about
4 or 5 minute intervals.

What's going on?
--
Rostyk