Dan C wrote:
My wife uses seamonkey. Today on start up, all mail folders were gone and reader was asking to create new account which I did. But the new account did not find and associate itself with the mail folders

sounds like you create a new profile by accident.

I took this opportunity to make a clean install of SM 1.1.14 in separate folder and to uninstall older version. This version also did not associate with mail folders either.

when you uninstall, all you're doing is removing the program. The profile is not touched. So, when you reinstall, it will pick up the last profile it used.

I have located the profile that contains the mail folders and they are intact.

What do I need to do?

TIA,

Dan

close SM. Now, click on the windows start button, then run and enter:

seamonkey.exe -p

this will bring up the SM profile manager. How many profiles do you see? If you see more than one, then click on them and find your main profile.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm