DoctorBill wrote:
http://www.privoxy.org/
and
http://www.privoxy.org/user-manual/index.html   their manual

This is a program mentioned in Popular Science March 2009 page 78.

It supposedly warns one if a link is going to redirect you to another site.

Apparently Google has a plugin that will do the same thing.

Does anyone here know about it or used it ?

DoctorBill

I used privoxy once, and it was far too much trouble than it was worth. I gave up with it.

I have to idea about google's