Seamonkey 1.1.14, WIN XP SP3

One of my newsgroup listings on the left pane keeps losing
all its subscriptions. The newsgroup happens to be to
msnews.microsoft.com. It has been there for years and
subscriptions come and go as I add and delete. I always
refresh the subscription list when ever I add or remove.
Yesterday, I noticed all my subscriptions under the MS
newsgroup were gone (no + next to the NG name/no
subscription names under it). I went into the account, added
back one subscription, which was OK. But, later, I don't
know whether it was when I re-started Seamonkey or
restarted the computer, but the subscription was gone again.
This has happen four times now.
I have deleted the NG and added a new one for ms. Too early to report that the new one is stable. I am wondering what could cause the repeated loss of the subscriptions?