Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Joseph Puentes wrote:
Hi,

I just bought a new computer and "kind of" know how to move Seamonkey over to my new computer with a couple of problems that I need your help with.

1) I am trying to find the "Mozilla" folder so I can copy and paste it to my new "Mozilla" folder so that when I open seamonkey it will hopefully see the new info there and open it like it was set up on my old computer (note: I should be able to do this since I have both computer recognizing each other in a network)

The problem is that I find the Mozilla folder on my old computer here:

C:DocumentsAndSettings/Figen(name of computer Folder)/ApplicationData/Mozilla <===here is where the profiles are kept and that is specifically what I should be hunting for to try to install into my new Seamonkey set up.

But I can't find any of the above on the C drive of the new computer I click on it and get this:

C:DocumentsAndSettings/Adminstrator

or

C:DocumentsAndSettings/AllUsers

or

C:DocumentsAndSettings/User

I "think" I have exhaustively searched the above three folders but can't find the profiles area.

On my new computer I did a "search" for profiles, application data, and Mozilla and didn't find the folder. I do have a working copy of the seamonkey program installed on the new computer so I know it (profile folder) has to be there someplace but it beats the hell out of me where it is.

please help,

joseph

thats because when you set up your new computer, you didn't create a Figen. Just go ahead and create that directory, and all the directories below it, then put the SM profile into that, and it should work. Also, make sure you also have the file registry.dat file from the old computer. It will tell SM where to find the profile.

the other option is to create a new profile wherever SM places it. Then put your old profile into that. Then open the file prefs.js and change:

C:DocumentsAndSettings/Figen(name of computer Folder)/ApplicationData/Mozilla

to the new location.