On 3/16/2009 9:39 AM PT, Philip Chee wrote:

Since I had to dump Debian's IceApe a few weeks ago, I had to install SeaMonkey (SM) v1.1.4 from seamonkey-1.1.14.en-US.linux-i686.installer.tar.gz into /home/Programs/seamonkey/ ... Mostly everything works, but I noticed saving files cause SM to freeze hard. CPU usage is in used from SM.

I have to kill its three processes through KDE v3.5.10's terminal since regular kills weren't enough. At first, I thought it was the old SessionSaver extension but I was still able to reproduce the freeze. I

I tried to use strace but it seems to stop when SM loads a Web page and doesn't output anymore.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance. :)

Use the -debug command line switch.

seamonkey -debug

I will try that later on my local machine (don't want to do it over SSH). Weird that I didn't see -debug listed:
$ ./seamonkey --help
Usage: ./seamonkey-bin [ options ... ] [URL]
       where options include:

X11 options
        --display=DISPLAY               X display to use
        --sync          Make X calls synchronous
        --no-xshm               Don't use X shared memory extension
        --xim-preedit=STYLE
        --xim-status=STYLE
        --g-fatal-warnings              Make all warnings fatal

SeaMonkey options
        -height <value>         Set height of startup window to <value>.
        -h or -help             Print this message.
        -installer              Start with 4.x migration window.
        -width <value>          Set width of startup window to <value>.
        -v or -version          Print ./seamonkey-bin version.
        -CreateProfile <profile>                Create <profile>.
        -P <profile>            Start with <profile>.
        -ProfileWizard          Start with profile wizard.
        -ProfileManager         Start with profile manager.
        -SelectProfile          Start with profile selection dialog.
        -remote <command>       Execute <command> in an already running
                                SeaMonkey process.  For more info, see:

                http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html

        -splash         Enable splash screen.

Also, how can I output the debug into a log file if they are shown on screen?
--
Phillip Pi (aka Ant)
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst