Please do yourself and others a favor and use the nntp groups rather
than the list. I've noticed that your previous posts are not threaded
and instead result in multiple 're: <subject>. If you need instructions
on how to use the nntp instead of the listserve let us know.

On 03/22/2009 04:38 PM, David Bernier wrote:
> Under Ubuntu 8.10 ,  I can now browse the Web after upgrading to
> SeaMonkey 1.1.15.
>
> Editing   /etc/resolv.conf  to add DNS name servers of my ISP,
> plus  turning off an alias related to IPv6, plus a reboot gave me a
> functioning SeaMonkey 1.1.15 .
>
> The Java plugin doesn't work.  In past Linux installations, these plugin
> problems
> were often resolved by modifying symbolic links (symlinks).

What Java plugin are you referring to? Where is your Java located? What
does your path in the  ~/.mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so show?
What does your 'about:plugins' show? Unless you provide more information
it will be difficult for anyone to assist.

> My User-Agent string is:
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.8.1.21)
> Gecko/20090303 SeaMonkey/1.1.15 .
>
> Perhaps someone can point me to a resource for these symlink plugin issues ,
> or have other suggestions about getting plugins to work in SeaMonkey.

about:plugins - click the link in: 'Help for installing plug-ins is
available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.'