NoOp wrote:
On 03/30/2009 05:00 PM, Bob Barrett wrote:
NoOp wrote:
On 03/30/2009 11:34 AM, Bob Barrett wrote:
I have installed seamonkey-1.1.15.en-US.linux-i686.tar.gz in
/usr/local/seamonkey/ on a new installation of Debian 5.0. Trying the
first start as root, I get this error:

  ./seamonkey-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
./seamonkey

Thanks for the quick response.

Sorry. It looks like I forgot to supply that part.

After trying to start it the first time as root' (with ./seamonkey),
I received the error message.

Bob

I'll have to install into /usr/local/ on a test machine. All of my
installs are installed to /home/<user>/Seamonkey or Seamonkey2.

Can I ask why you wish to run as root? That is generally *not*
recommended for any browser/suite.

NoOp, I can sort of remember that the instructions for SM say it must be run as root the first time to finish the installation.

But don't quote me, things do change!!

Daniel