Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
SM 1.1.15

Is anyone else having a similar problem:

you have something opened, like SM Mail. You click on compose, and you have to wait and wait and wait. The task manager says the program is not responding. After a minute, then the compose window opens and everything is back to normal, until you open something else. You could open the browser, or bookmark manager, or whatever, and you just wait.

I've tracked mine down to hostperm.1. If I close the program and remove it, then reopen and things work great again.

I've noticed the same problem with FF3. When I click to open it, it would take a few minutes. I could click on it again and a window would open. I would close that, and the original click would finally open. I removed permissions.sqlite and things would be back to normal.

So, anyone else having any similar problems?

Thanks Peter! I had same problem occurring with increasing frequency. Ihave SM 1.1.15 :) on Windows Vista :( - Deleting hostperm.1 seems to fix that so far. I'm wandering if hostperm.1 file has some problem with Windows hosts.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Hostperm.1#Basic_editing