Frog wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Frog wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Frog wrote:
I am trying to watch the Old Faithful Area Live-Streaming Video WebCam that can be accessed from this web page:

http://www.nps.gov/yell/photosmultimedia/yellowstonelive.htm

It seems that I am missing a Windows Media Player plug-in that would allow me to receive this video picture. Here is what is happening-

--I launch the Old Faithful Geyser Live-Video WebCam from the top of the web page identified above.

--I then see a new window with http://www.nps.gov-NPS Streaming Video - Seamonkey at the top followed by a second line containing nps.gov. No streaming video is present.

I next visited the Frequently Asked Questions page (also accessed from the above referenced web page) hoping to find the answer to my problem. There I found the following:

Q. I used to be able to watch the webcam when it was first offered, but now all I get is a blank, pop-up window. What's wrong? A. This problem has been reported by people who prefer to use Firefox. A Windows Media Player plug-in for Firefox is available for several versions of the Windows operating system. You can find the free, 302K download at Port25.technet.com.

Well, I now know that there is a Windows Media Player plug-in that is required in order to make Firefox work. I, however, do not know the name of this plug-in after clicking the download site. The site is located at:

http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx

I presume, based on what I read on the above web page, that the plug-in only works with Firefox.

My next stop was to see what about:plugins would tell me if anything. There I found "Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library" with nine entries under MIME Type. Again, this does not tell me much. I presume that I do have Windows Media Player on my system and that it has nine plug-ins.

Well, that is where I am at this point. I would appreciate any guidance anybody sends my way regarding this subject. By the way, my system information is:

Windows XP SP-3

Regards,
Frog

hey froggy, download and install that plugin above. It works for SM aswell as FF, and the vid plays just fine.

one other thing: when you install it, make sure SM is closed.

Thanks for your quick response--very much appreciated.

I did as you suggested and still no streaming video. I continue to notice that Windows Media Player is not reflected any place on the window that opens (as it attempts to play this video). The only thing I see (as I stated in my first message) is:

I then see a new window with http://www.nps.gov-NPS Streaming Video
- Seamonkey at the top followed by a second line containing nps.gov.
No streaming video is present.

Could it be that it is attempting to open in something other than Windows Media Player? Is so, how do I fix this? I so see Windows Media Player listed under Start>All Programs. When I click on Windows Media Player, however, the window that appears does not look anything like what I am seeing when I attempt to run the video.

I currently have the following Windows Media Player items listed under Add or Remove Programs:

Windows Media Format 11 runtine Size 7.99MB

Windows Media Player 11 Size 7.99MB

Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin Size 0.29MB

Thus, it appears that Windows Media Player 11 plus the Firefox Plugin is loaded on my system.

I checked the about:plugins arena again and have only nine plugins listed.

Any thoughts about what I should do next?

Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin and the file for that is: np-mswmp.dll

Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin does not show in the about:plugins list. I then did a find on np-mswmp.dll and it was not located on my C drive.

Microsoft DRM and the file for that is: npdrmv2.dll

I did a find on npdrmv2.dll and it was located in C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player.

Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library and the file for that is: npdsplay.dll

I did a find on npdsplay.dll and it was located in C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player.

Microsoft DRM and the file for that is: npwmsdrm.dll

I did a find on npwmsdrm.dll and it was located in C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player.

If you don't have any of these, then close SM, and hunt on your hard drive for them. Once found, COPY them to the plugin directory where SM the program is installed.

I'm not sure of myself here. Do you mean copy the files where I found them and then paste them to c:\Program Files\mogilla.org\SeaMonkey\plugins ? If so, what do I do about npdrmv2.dll ? With those two answers, I think I'm good to move forward.

Now try again.  Any luck this time?

yes, copy and paste them into the SM plugin directory. And do this with SM closed. However, if you can't find np-mswmp.dll then things won't work. Do a search for:

mswmp

and see if you come up with it. You need that cause its the FF Window Media Player plugin. If you still can't find it, then try and reinstall that plugin again.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm