Bob Minchin wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
u...@domain.invalid wrote:
When i use my windows live hotmail webmail account with seamonkey 1.1.16 and earlier, I can read my email but when I try to compose mail, I cannot write the text of the mail.

The mail account works fully with Firefox so the hotmail end looks like it is configured OK.

Can anyone throw any light on this please.

TIA

Bob

why can't you compose? What happens? What error messages, if any, do you get? When you click on compose, what happens?
The reply window opens but I cannot type in it

Have you tried changing the user agent to pretent to be FF and see what happens?

Sorry I don't understand this part.

Bob

yup, it seems they're browser sniffing. That means they're sniffing to see what browser you're using, and if you're using anything besides IE or FF, then you're SOL. It just won't work with SM.

One way around this is to change you're user agent. The UA tells the world what browser you're using, and what operating sytem you're using. For example, your UA is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090403 SeaMonkey/1.1.16

This tells me you're using winXP [thats NIT 5.1], you're using the US version of SeaMonkey, version 1.1.16.

If you install the UA Switcher, then you can change your UA and pretend you're another browser, and a nother operating system. You can get it here: http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm