John Doue wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
I had to join Facebook recently for some friends and relatives.

A lot of the "buttons" and Links do not work when I enter Facebook
using SeaMonkey 1.1

I have to use I.E.

Is there anything I can do about this or is it FaceBook's programmers
fault ?

After having learned about "User Agents" and knowing that so many web
sites are written mostly for IE - wouldn't it be better for me to
set the User Agent to IE 6.0 WinXP ? I also have PrefBar....

Wouldn't THAT give me the best interaction with almost ALL web sites ?

No, not at all.

First of all, SM uses the same rendering engine as FF. If you
encounter a truly IE only page, spoofing as IE will not make it render
better. Leaving the UA spoofed as IE will also cause plugin problems,
particularly with Java.

Second, you should never leave your US spoofed. Al that does is
misreport the number of people using SM, and make sit all the less
likely that web designers will support the browser we love. Prefbar,
at least, will always set the ua back to the real ua when you restart.
Only spoof the UA when there is no other way to enter az site, and
even then, wrte them to let them know that their site is accessible
with SeaMonkey, and that they should adjust their browser sniffer

I think it is easier to use the IEtab extension.

Of course, all you are doing then is running IE in a SeaMonkey shell.