DoctorBill wrote:
I had to join Facebook recently for some friends and relatives.

A lot of the "buttons" and Links do not work when I enter Facebook
using SeaMonkey 1.1

I have to use I.E.

Is there anything I can do about this or is it FaceBook's programmers fault ?

DoctorBill

After having learned about "User Agents" and knowing that so many web
sites are written mostly for IE -  wouldn't it be better for me to
set the User Agent to IE 6.0 WinXP ?  I also have PrefBar....

Wouldn't THAT give me the best interaction with almost ALL web sites ?

DoctorBill

I've done that many times, and I still had problems.

Anyways, the best of both worlds would be the IETab extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/1419