On 04/18/09 06:59, DoctorBill wrote:
> I've been downloading some pdf files on Reloading from Dillon Precision.
>
> http://www.dillonprecision.com/
>
> They set it up as a page by page thing and the pages are about 2.5 MB
> each as pdf.
>
> The process is slower than getting a kid to eat Broccoli !
>
> I cannot tell how much progress is being made until the page is finished
>
> Questions:
>
> Is there a way to speed this up (w/o going to DSL - I'm on dial-up) ?
>
> Is there an Adobe Reader plug-in that would speed up things?
>
> Is there a way to see what % the process is at - like when the Download
> Manager shows % loaded ?
>
> BTW - the process is not thru the Download Manager...
>
> I thank all of you for your assistance.
>
> DoctorBill over the Hill

The only thing I can think of is to download the PDF first, then view
it on your local machine. You can download by using Shift+click on the
PDF link rather than just clicking on it. This will open the Save As
dialog. When you save the file to your local machine, it will show you
progress.

The downside is that you have to save to your local disk, but at least
you get the progress of the download.