The hacks needed to install it are very mature and easy to
apply. I'd recommend upgrading, even though it's not officially supported.

The one I like is half-booting to a command line, telling the machine its speed is 867 and then continuing the boot into OSX. Then when the installer asks, the Mac says it's the required speed and the install happens. When you boot the next time, you're back to being 800 but Leopard is installed and running. A LOT simpler than editing the DVD.

Just a couple lines of typing. I've got the link somewhere.
--
Malcolm