h.godavaris...@shaw.stopca wrote:
Daniel wrote:
h.godavaris...@shaw.stopca wrote:
Yesterday all the book marks vanished from SeaMonkey v 1.1.14 The OS is Win98SE. I would like to recover the file and would appreciate any help. Thank you.

regards
hg

Do a search for bookmarks.html. If you find more than one, from SeaMonkey, go bookmarks->Manage bookmarks then within the bookmarks section try Tools->Import to see if the extra bookmark files are what you want.

HTH

Daniel
Thanks for your suggestion Daniel. I could not locate another Bookmarks.html

regard
hg.
it could not hurt to widen your search by searching for "bookmarks.*". Chances may be slim, but ... Then, once you have done that, I suggest checking your disk for errors. Files seldom vanish without a reason, and that reason can be a write error. You might not recover your bookmarks (when was your last backup, by the way?), but at least you might discover a file error and correct it. No sense restoring or recreating bookmarks if an error is still lurking on your disk.

--
John Doue