On 09.06.2009 19:37,  Martin Feitag wrote:
horst39 wrote:
Is it possible to just test with SM1.1.16 the validity of an email
address without actually bothering the recipient?
If not, is there another program able to do this operation?
Thanks
Horst

There are quite a few websites if it doesn't need to be a program:
http://verify-email.org/
http://www.graith.co.uk/verify_email_address.php
http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tools/email-validator/verify_email.php
http://www.email-unlimited.com/tools/verify-email.aspx

There's an Add-On called ThunderPlunger:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Verify_email_address

It works fine in Samonkey2.0 alpha, feel free to test in SM1.1.x

regards
Martin
Thank you very much.
Installed ThunderPlunger, it said it had been installed but now I cannot find it anywhere.
Even the Extension Manager doesn't show it!
I hope it will not give me troubles as I cannot uninstall it.
Horst