horst39 wrote:
On 10.06.2009 23:51,  Martin Feitag wrote:
horst39 wrote:
On 09.06.2009 19:37,  Martin Feitag wrote:
horst39 wrote:
Is it possible to just test with SM1.1.16 the validity of an email
address without actually bothering the recipient?
If not, is there another program able to do this operation?
Thanks
Horst

There are quite a few websites if it doesn't need to be a program:
http://verify-email.org/
http://www.graith.co.uk/verify_email_address.php
http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tools/email-validator/verify_email.php
http://www.email-unlimited.com/tools/verify-email.aspx

There's an Add-On called ThunderPlunger:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Verify_email_address

It works fine in Samonkey2.0 alpha, feel free to test in SM1.1.x

regards
Martin
Thank you very much.
Installed ThunderPlunger, it said it had been installed but now I cannot
find it anywhere.
Even the Extension Manager doesn't show it!
I hope it will not give me troubles as I cannot uninstall it.
Horst

Have you tried opening your Seamonkey AddressBook (Window=>AdressBook)
right-clicking an Adresse there? There should be an additional entry in
the context-menu named "Validate Email Address".

In SM2 there's also a new icon in the bottom right corner of the
mailnews-window but I guess that one is missing in SM1 then...

Martin
sorry, no "Validate Email Address" in context menu.
And no new icon in the bottom right corner.
Horst

Sry, doesn't seem to work at all then. I guess you will need to work with the metioned websites then, until SM2 is out or testing SM2.0alpha
regards

Martin