Graham wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

I see no indication that anything has been stripped out en route (by antivirus software, for example). My local AV log shows nothing, too. So I don't get the point of it...

Two things are possible. First, it didn't bounce: your email address has been verified as existing, more junk may be on its way. Second, there's a URL in the message id. If something links to that, it may open a malicious web site (I'm not going there to find out). There may be other possibilities I've missed.

Actually, siteprotect.com is my mail host's website, so if there's malware there, I'm in big trouble. ;-)

Could this be a glitch in their mail processing software? I'll ask...

Paul B. Gallagher