On Jul 1, 4:04 am, Martin Feitag <prof_nosp...@quantentunnel.de>
wrote:
> Jimmy Lee schrieb:
>
> > Hello all. I am a SeaMonkey user since day 1.  Just recently started
> > biting me in the buttocks with v2.
>
> > Is it possible to go back to version 1.x of SeaMonkey? I upgraded to
> > v2 but it is just not working for me.  Constant crashes and I push the
> > button to report it.  The email notifies me of new mail, but won't
> > raise the window to the top when I click on the new mail
> > notification.
>
> Works for me.
>
> > The columns available in mail are not customizable as
> > before.
>
> of course they are o_0
>
> > I can't see the size or account for emails in the Global
> > Inbox.
>
> This was a user-setting done by you wasn't it?
>
> > I was trying to live with these shortcomings as I thought new
> > releases would come faster.  Great product, but I prefer the stability
> > of the 1.x version even if it isn't all I want.  Can I go back to 1.x?
> > Any data that needs to converted from 2.x format back to 1.x format?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> SM2 copies/imports your data to a new SM2-profile, the old SM1 profile
> is untouched. Feel free to install SM1 and use the old profile again.
>
> btw: You can have both Seamonkeys installed to have one reliable 1.x for
> everyday usage and one 2.x for testing.
> regards
>
> Martin

Perfect. Thanks guys. I love SeaMonkey and I am anxious to see how
good v2 will be. I like the new features, especially automatically
reopening tabs upon restart.  But for now, it's back to v1.

I did add the size and account columns. They were available when I
right clicked -> Customize for the columns. They aren't there in v2.

Thanks for the replies.