On 07/06/2009 09:07 AM, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> So I should have probably talked about this a bit earlier - but as dates
> and plan changed quite a bit in the last month it's good that I did not.
>
> The QA plan for the upcoming betas and RC is for now as follow :
>
>       Litmus Full Functionnal testing (FFT) for thunderbird 3.0b3
>
>       Litmus Basic  Functionnal testing for 3.0b4
>       Litmus Migration from 2.x to 3.x for 3.0b4
>
>       Litmus FFT for RCs
>       Litmus Migration from 2.x to 3.x for Rcs
>

> Dates for all of these testing efforts will be announced here and on
> qualiry.mozilla.org.
>
> As you will see if you participate to the Litmus testing[1] effort that
> we are now breaking down tests platforms per os and platform. This let's
> us better see what has been tested and where.
>
> For those of you who are interested in testing Thunderbird, litmus is a
> really easy tool to learn. You need an account (that's 10 minutes of
> your time tops), you'll need a copy of Thunderbird (which copy and
> versions will be announced on these newsgroups/mailing lists, they will
> be announced on http://quality.mozilla.org/events and on the
> thunderbird-testers mailing list.) and then time to spend reading how to
> test , and enter the results of your testing.
>
> On top of these lengthy events we will organize at least one test days -
> these will be announced on the thunderbird-testers[2] mailing list and
> probably here too.
>

> [1] http://quality.mozilla.org/documents-home/test-docs/litmus-tutorial
>
> Ludovic

For those that do litmus testing (smoke tests), I very much recommend
doing it from a fresh test profile rather than the exisiting user
profile. Using an existing profile (both for Thunderbird and SeaMonkey)
that has been customized for user use w/add-ons and extensions can skew
and affect the results.