Robert Kaiser wrote:
Adam Jimerson wrote:
When trying update to the latest nightly 20090704002408 I get the
following error on a PowerBook G4:

There were problems checking for, downloading, or installing this
update. SeaMonkey could not be updated because"

Failed (unknown reason)

Then points to the projects homepage

does this need to be reported somewhere?

If it happens repeatedly for a few days, please file a bug report. We switched to creating nightlies differently, see

Problems are always possible with such switches.

For Linux I did a complete manual update, unpacked into a new directory and renamed it into place, then ran my cleanup script to get a few libraries and permissions the way my system is set up. That didn't fix the problem, but at least I did get updated.

Bill Davidsen <>