Barbara Norvell wrote:
I recently visited either MySpace or My Facebook page. I click on a game that I wanted to play and the weirdest thing happened. Instead of a game, something came up that looked like the ftp page that I get when I
use Fireftp.  It startled me and then I closed it out right away.
How did this happen? It was my hardrive and folders that were showing in the right hand column, just like it does when I load Fireftp.

I can't remember what game I clicked on but it sure was scary. I got out of it in less than a minute, but am still worried.

Of course you should worry. I assume that this was a link you know and trusted, and not something unknown in an ad. If you click on untrusted links other than in a throwaway virtual machine, you are bound to be playing the "adventures in backups" game eventually.

Of course the link may have been an "ftp:" link which launched your you use for ftp extension. If you didn't notice that would be surprising but not necessarily a problem.

Bill Davidsen <>