Samuel S wrote:
Hello all.. I Am overloaded with a large slt file. How do I reduce this to gain more space on my Vista business machine?

I Am running SM 1.1.17

TIA for your assistance...

Bo1953
That *.slt should be the folder which contains your profile, where the mail and bookmarks, etc., are kept. On a default install, it's also where the cache folder is for the browser page downloads (images, scripts, etc.) You've most likely got a large collection of emails and/or web page cache info.

If you've thrown emails out, they've been marked as 'gone' so you don't see them in the GUI any longer, but the original raw text may still be in the files where mail is stored. Open your mail window, right-click on each folder listed and select 'Compact this folder'. If there're any lingering, hidden message texts, that should clear them out, one folder at a time.

To clear the cache (assuming no plugins): from either mail or browser windows, go to Edit - Preferences - Advanced and you'll see the 'Cache' item. Set max size, location, etc., and do a manual flush with 'Clear Cache'. After all that, see how much space you've recovered from your *.slt 'file'.