Mark Hansen wrote:
On 07/25/09 07:03, Rick Merrill wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:
On 07/25/09 06:11, Rick Merrill wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:
On 07/22/09 15:37, Rick Merrill wrote:
How do I compose email in HTML?

Compose & Send keeps asking for html or text
but any html code I put in the email shows up as  text
no matter how I choose to send.

In particular, I want to try sending a google voice
icon in the email: click and it phones me!
Rick,

  If you have SM configured to compose in plain text format (see
Edit -> Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, then under Composition
& Addressing under your account, look at Compose messages in HTML
format) you can just use Shift + Click on the compose button to
compose *that* message in HTML format.

  Next, look at Edit -> Preferences -> Mail & Newsgroups -> Send Format
and see if it's doing what you've selected there.

Does this help?

I can send HTML but I want to add my own html code to
the result.

Are you saying you can't edit your message in the built-in HTML
editor? Do you have 'Compose in HTML format' selected?

Are you sure you're not getting the HTML editor?
Right. I DID just discover the "insert HTML" button (in SeaMonkey)
so I'm getting closer to inserting the following opject.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton"; height="85" width="230"><param name="movie" value="https://clients4.google.com/voice/embed/webCallButton";><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="FlashVars" value="id=79a9ec0809c84ba3bc9cc...30&amp;style=0"></object>

But what would be real nice is to have this 'object' in a sig (signature) file.

HTML is just plain text with special mark-up. Just put the HTML in your
signature file and away you go. Why is this not working for you?

In fact, you can use any editor you like - you don't have to use SM.

It appears that SM mail Reader is not ready for, or I am missing the <head> info to do 'shockwave-flash'.

Are there any newsgroups that permit test postings in html?