>DoctorBill wrote:
>>The College where I teach uses Outlook Express.
>>It comes into SeaMonkey,
>>but loses some of it's functions apparently.

When you said "It" you lost me.

>>If I go into Internet Explorer (ugh !)
>>JUST TO GO INTO THE COLLEGE'S OUTLOOK EXPRESS,

If you mean that you are using the college's computer
and using Outbreaks In Excess on THAT,
*then* what you are saying makes *some* sense.

If OTOH you are using your own box
and someone is sending you something in an M$-Only format
(and those file asociations are set to open OE),
THAT is quite another thing.
You need to clarify/quantify what **exactly** is going on.

>then close it down, am I likely to fall prey to the holes, etc in IE
>and get my computer infected ?

If you don't run Outbreaks In Excess on your box,
you won't get infected by OE-specific problems.
I suggest finding a way to uninstall/cripple Outbreaks In Excess.

Martin Feitag wrote:
>It only happens when you surf the web.

Not according to what I'm reading in this post.

I strongly advocate NOT using HTML email.
IMO, a **smart** mail administrator strips off all HTML
and delivers ONLY the *text* contained in emails.

HTML EMAIL IS SENDING A WEB PAGE VIA EMAIL.
When emails contain HTML, they can contain
markup (unnecessary bloat)
images (unnecessary bloat)
audio (unnecessary bloat)
scripts (unnecessary bloat--and dangerous)
ActiveX (unnecessary bloat--and dangerous)
Browser Helper Objects (unnecessary bloat--and dangerous)

Another (bigger) problem with HTML emails is that
(with Outbreaks In Excess) HTML is handled by Internet Exploder.
We all know about that PoS's legendary security.
The dangerous junk will be executed/installed.
Congratulations.  You are now infected.