On 03.08.2009 03:43, u...@domain.invalid wrote:
> u...@domain.invalid wrote:
>> Tobias Fischer wrote:
[...]
> [...]
[...]
>>> See: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_SeaMonkey
>>>

>>> Tobias
>>
>> Hi Tobias,
>>
>> This may be the "aha" moment. Thanks ever so much for your clue. I'll
>> try it, and will let you know if I succeeded. It is frustrating to have
>> an advanced degree, speak 6 languages, and not be able to speak Windows.
>>
>> Mort
> Hi Tobias,
>
> Thanks for the new suggestion. I followed the directions in the link,
> and found the profile folder, and the abook. I dragged the isolated
> narrative old address book to that icon, and it "took" as its MB count
> went up appropriately. However, when I then turned SeaMonkey on again,
> and clicked on its address book, it still had only 39 addresses. I don't
> know where the old plus new ones are hiding now, but I sure wish that
> they would go to my SeaMonkey's address book icon, so that I could use
> them. They represent about 10 years of addresses, and I really need hem.

Hi Mort,

before you copy your "old" and wanted "abook.mab" into your current
Profile-Folder, you have to close SeaMonkey completely, be sure you have
disabled Quick-Start too before.

Using the Windows-Task-Manager, you can look if there is a
"seamonkey.exe" Process still running. If this happen, you can kill the
Process using the Task-Manager.

And if you won't replace your new Addressbook, you can rename the old
one (or the new one) into "abook-1.mab" before copy the File into your
SeaMonkey Profile-Folder.

Tobias