John wrote:

With Internet Explorer I can right-click on a Google Map and it pops up a special Google menu which has a very useful (to me) choice at the bottom: "What's here?". Clicking on that returns the latitude and longitude of the selected point in the Google search box. I've been told by other users that this also works with Firefox 3.5.

I'm running SeaMonkey 1.1.17, and even though the cursor changes from the normal arrow to a hand when I'm over a Google map, right-clicking brings up the same normal right-click menu I get any time I right-click over a picture. If I right-click a second time in the same place I do get the special Google menu, but when I release the button the Google menu immediately disappears and is replaced by the usual menu before I can click on "What's here?".

This is on a Windows XP Pro SP2 system using a Microsoft Wireless Mouse, the IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0. I don't know if this mouse is related to the problem or not. Is there some setting that needs to be adjusted to get this working correctly? Thanks!

No problem here, SM 1.1.16 on WinXP SP3.

When I right-click on a map (even though the hand is showing), I immediately get the Google context menu, and it's easy to choose "What's here?" or any of the other options. If I do, I get info on the location I pointed to when I clicked, not necessarily on the location I searched. And it does re-search on the lat/long coordinates as you say.

Paul B. Gallagher