Hi all,

After (hopefully) resolving issues with a build machine, we're preparing SeaMonkey 1.1.18, our next regular security release for the SeaMonkey 1.1.x series, with the same base as Thunderbird 2.0.0.23, planned for going public as early as possible.

A number of security and stability fixes went into this release, see <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?keywords_type=anywords&keywords=fixed-seamonkey1.1.18%2Cfixed1.8.1.23%2Cverified1.8.1.23&product=Core&product=MailNews+Core&product=SeaMonkey&product=Other+Applications>, we need good testing of the candidate builds to avoid shipping regressions. The really major change is the switch to vastle newer NSS and NSPR versions, please check that secure web and email connections are working correctly, if you can.

Please help testing our SeaMonkey 1.1.18 candidate builds <http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/candidates-1.1.18/> - preferably via performing the smoketests from the, please go to and do a SeaMonkey 1.1 test run <http://litmus.mozilla.org/run_tests.cgi?test_run_id=11> on <http://litmus.mozilla.org/>.

Once we have verified that the builds work well, we can release this security-enhanced version to all our users immediately.

Thanks for your help,

Robert Kaiser