On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Sarah Austin <saus...@pndfnospam.com> wrote:
> Ever since DLing one of the recent versions of SM, every time I click on
> a wmv file on the web, instead of playing the video in WM Player, it
> gives me a page of gibberish text that looks like raw code, then hangs
> the browser where I have to close it to stop it.

Sounds like maybe the server is not sending the correct Content-Type
in the HTTP header? Don't know... I don't ever deal with WMV but I
tried this page and it works for me:

(embedded)
http://midistudio.com/MPlayer9/embedWMV-2.htm

(direct link to WMV)
http://midistudio.com/MPlayer9/media/S_Club_7-_NeverHad.wmv

The server sends Content-Type: video/x-ms-wmv

How about you? Can you give an example URL to a WMV that doesn't work for you?