On 9/13/2009 6:30 PM Gerry Hickman wrote:
it looks like it wants to migrate the existing profile into the roaming
location _including_ all my data (email etc), which seems wrong to me.

Well, that's how it is. Experienced users with advanced setups can change it manually, see below.

I have now uninstalled SM1.1 and installed SM2.0 beta. As predicted, it moved my profile and buried it in the C drive.

It surely didn't move but migrate (copy).

I notice many items in about:config are now referenced as c:\xxyyzz\, but in profiles.ini it does have the relative flag set. I'd like to move the profile back to my homeDirectory. I tried using profile manager, but don't see an option to move...

Correct, the profile manager doesn't offer that. Instead, just convert the profile to a non-relative by setting IsRelative=0 and adapting Path in profiles.ini, cf. <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profiles.ini_file>. Then check for any paths (mail storage directories etc.) that you want to adapt in prefs.js (make a backup beforehand to be safe) or use the UI, e.g. Server Settings under MailNews Account Settings.

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>