On 10/06/09 19:24, Jeff Wieland wrote:
> Jens Hatlak wrote:
>> On 10/6/2009 10:12 PM Jeff Wieland wrote:
>>> I've been building Seamonkey (and Mozilla before it) on Solaris 10 & 8
>>> for
>>> years now, but it looks like the build procedure has changed???  If
>>> so, is
>>> there any resource to help me get started with this?  I've been poking
>>> around on the www.seamonkey-project.org and wiki.mozilla.org sites
>>> without
>>> success so far.
>>
>> <https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Simple_SeaMonkey_build>
>> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:hg-based_build>
>> <http://jh.junetz.de/en/mozilla/mozbuild.php4>
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Jens
>>

> OK, it looks like the build process for Seamonkey hasn't changed all
> that much.
>
> I'm starting the seamonkey-2.0b2 tarball, and the error I get is:
>
> gmake[5]: Entering directory
> `/opt/src/appl/X/seamonkey2/seamonkey-2.0b2/comm-central/mozilla/build'
> /opt/src/appl/X/seamonkey2/seamonkey-2.0b2/comm-central/mozilla/config/nsinstall
>
> -R ../build/automationutils.py .
> /opt/src/appl/X/seamonkey2/seamonkey-2.0b2/comm-central/mozilla/config/nsinstall:
>
> cannot access ../build/automationutils.py: No such file or directory
> gmake[5]: ***
> [/opt/src/appl/X/seamonkey2/seamonkey-2.0b2/comm-central/mozilla/build/automationutils.py]
>
> Error 1
> --
> Jeff Wieland

I'm not a SM build expert, but sometimes, when a file appears to not be
there, what's really wrong is the processor used for that file is not
found. In this case, it's a Python file, so do you have Python installed?

You can check that specific file to see if it has a command processor
directive at the top, like:

  #!/usr/local/python/python

or whatever. Make sure the path mentioned in the file is valid on
your system.