jim wrote:
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 22:36:50 +1000, Daniel <d...@albury.nospam.net.au> in
mozilla.support.seamonkey wrote:

jim wrote:
I need to know the physical file names and sub-directory location of the
Seamonkey 1.1.17 mail folders -- inbox, drafts, sent, trash,etc.

I need to know the physical file names and sub-directory location of the
Seamonkey 1.1.17 user-defined filters.

Help on that appreciated.

jim
Jim, here in my Win98 profile, my profile is contained in a directory
uofrd3ka.slt (its just any eight characters followed by .slt)
        Mail
                mail.albury.net.au
                        inbox and inbox.msf (the .msf file is just an
                                                index file)
                        sent and sent.msf (the .msf file......)
                        drafts and drafts.msf (the .msf ......)
                        trash and trash.msf (the .msf .....)

etc.

To file where your profile is located, have a look at Edit|Mail&Newsgroups Account Settings, select your mail account and have a look at the bottom section of the "Server Settings" screen for you Local Directory location.

Why do you need to know??

Daniel

I found my .msf index files under documents and settings on C.  The
Seamonkey application is on D.  I want the files containing the email
text.

Why?  It looks like D may be going bad and I want to copy the files off
before it is too late.

jim

O.K., so if you've found the .msf files on C:\ then your inbox, your sent, your drafts should also be on C:\, in exactly the same location!

Did you have a look at the location mentioned in the "Server Settings"??

Daniel