John wrote:
I'm using SeaMonkey v1.1.18, and I have accounts setup for several newsservers. The newsserver has started behaving strangely. Any time I click on one of the newsgroups to which I have already subscribed on that server, I get the pop-up asking "Would you like to subscribe to <newsgroup_name>?" After I click "yes" it shows me all the messages, but all are marked as "unread", even though I have previously marked all current messages as "read". This didn't used to happen on this server, and it doesn't happen on any of the other servers I use. Is this something I can correct with a setting change, or is it a problem with the newsserver itself? Thanks!

I use this news-server with SM 1.1.18 on a daily basis, and I am not having any trouble with it.

David Wilkinson