Martin Freitag wrote:
Dale DePriest schrieb:
I am running seamonkey 1.1.18 and using facebook. Recently the box at
the top of the home screen has started refusing to take focus. The field
says: What's on your mind. I click in the box and it widens to accept
input but I cannot type into the box. Any letters I type end up
selecting other letters on the page.

I can use the comment boxes but not the main one. If I go to my wall
page it behaves the same. I asked facebook about this problem and they
suggested I empty cache and cookies. I tried that but it doesn't help.
This used to work. Anyone know how to fix this?

Copy the source-code of that page to the w3c validator and see if
critical errors ocur. If yes: throw them at the facebook people.
If not, give Seamonkey 2.0RC a try to see if it behaves the same (can be
installed seperately to another directory and will import your data to a
new profile also)
regards

Martin

Here is what I get:

> Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because its content type >is application/octet-stream, which is not currently supported by this >service.

>The Content-Type header is sent by your web server (or web browser if >you use the file upload interface) and depends on its configuration. >Commonly, web servers will have a mapping of filename extensions (such >as ".html") to MIME Content-Type values (such as text/html).

Looks like the validator won't work on their files. I did a view source and then saved it. Once I did that I uploaded it to the validator. The first few lines of the file said:

   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">

I will try version 2.0