Gerry Hickman wrote:
I also don't understand why the "add-in blocked" message would suddenly
appear today, when I've been using SM 2.0 Beta for over a week...

Does it mean the website I was visiting (www.comprousa.com) was trying
to install an add-in?

No, Microsoft did install it as an add-on and plugin into (!) Firefox automatically, not sure if they did it into SeaMonkey as well, but we could easily be affected the same way.

The reason it did alarm you today is that Mozilla decided last night - on request from Microsoft - to block this add-on and your SeaMonkey automatically fetched the new add-on blocklist containing it, and when it found it being active in SeaMonkey but being on the new blocklist, it decided to disable it and tell you about that.

Robert Kaiser