On 10/18/2009 11:17 AM, Ant wrote:
> Web page shows and then suddenly load shows a fullscreen gray
> space/screen with "Type your comment here."
>
> For an example:
> http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2009/10/quick-post-second-avatar-trailer.html
>
> I see this more and more these days (not sure if it was from other
> domains/sites as well) for a few weeks already.
>
> I cannot reproduce this under old Firefox v2.0.0.20 and using Firefox
> v2's UserAgent in SM v1.1.18, so somewhere is being confused when using
> SM's UserAgent. Also, not related to AdBlock Plus v1.0.2, referrers, etc.

No issues with SM 2.0rc2 or Fx 3.5.3. However in 1.1.18, using a test
profile (no addons etc), that link redirects to:

<http://disqus.com/embed/reply.html?1255968249539&f=marketsaw&t=quick_post_second_avatar_trailer_imminent&ff=Arial%2Csans-serif&ifrs=#000100000000000000000000>

Which shows up as "Type your comment here" on a blank white screen. Look
in View|Page Info|Privacy & you'll see the Form Sumissions & Scripts.

The issue is a javascript + browser sniffing issue; if I change the UA
to IE 6.0 WinXP I do not get the problem (the 'Type your comments' box
is undersized, but it's there). Probably has to do with:

> FragmentPacket.prototype.sendRawPacket = function(packet) {
>       if (/MSIE/.test(navigator.userAgent)) {
>               this.writer.name = packet;
>       } else {
>
>               this.writer.location.href = this.writer_url + '#' + packet;

and

>       if (/msie/i.test(navigator.userAgent) &&
> !/opera/i.test(navigator.userAgent)) {
>               receiverUrl = '';

etc.
Complain to the website.