Gabriele wrote:
chicagofan ha scritto:
lr...@superlink.net wrote:
I have a problem that has the same symptoms that started after I
installed SM 2.0. I had to sign on to my google(tm) account to post here.
Suggestions?

I think maybe I spoke too soon now, although I have read many users posting
that have nntp access on Linux and Windows with no problems. :\

What messages are you getting? Same as the OP? What news servers aren't
working for you? Do you have any extensions or security programs that
might be interfering? What O/S or platform are you using?

Check to make sure all your news server settings are correctly set,
individually
[i.e., I have 2 news server that require no authentication, but one does].

[cut]

Hello,

as I posted a few hours ago, I had the same problem with a non-auth news server.
I deleted it, and created a new news account: now it's working, so the
problem is probably related to some bug in the migration step.

bye,
Gabriele

Apparently... let's hope your experience will be helpful to others.  :)
bj