Chris Ilias wrote:
On 09-11-11 8:41 PM, Phillip Jones wrote:
Chris Ilias wrote:
On 09-11-11 4:37 PM, Phillip Jones wrote:
Rufus wrote:

...I have grippies on my Mac with the Modern theme using 1.1.18.

You have Mac version or PC Version. It seems even in Mozilla products
the Mac platform got short shrift.

Philip Chee already stated in this thread [1], that not adding grippies
was intentional, because it didn't conform to Apple's human interface
guidelines [2].

Well I prefer to use My Human Interface guidelines. It something I've
used since the days of Communicator and found useful.

You develop software for the people that use it not some silly edict by
a company, even if its my favorite computer Manufacturer

Then what did you mean by "short shrift"? In the case grippies,
SeaMonkey developers paid attention to an issue specific to Mac and
addressed it.

You have my permission to pass this along to Apple.

And I still don't recall any "mass outrage". Which news server was that?
Which newsgroup?

[1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/msg/7f1c3372a7d4aada>

[2]<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/UserExperience/Conceptual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/XHIGIntro.html>

it was the SM/Mozilla groups on the old Mozilla server before it was
turned over to Giganews

"the SM/Mozilla groups on the old Mozilla server" is the
netscape.public.mozilla.* hierarchy, which is archived on Google Groups.
Now that there is an archive available to you, you can back up your
claims with URLs.
<http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=usenet%3Dnetscape.public.mozilla>

I type in Grippies and there was showing least at 121 instances as far back as 2006 on the subject. Its possible there are more under different spellings and this just indicates number of times the subject came up not the number of threads for each time. Other Possible spelling are Grippies, grippies, gripies, Gripies, Griplets, Griplets, Griplets, and so on. Based on subjects and threads in those subject I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't actually a 1000 post or more on the subject.

And it only goes back as far as 2006 there was likely post about before then.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com