Richard wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Richard wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 09:25:30 -0800, Ant wrote:
Hi!

Is SeaMonkey ever going to get new v1.1 version or is v1.1.18 it?
Just wondering since Mozilla doesn't update and support Firefox
v2.0.0.20 that SM v1.1.18 is based on.

When KaiRo gets back from his holiday, we will re-look at the situation.
Basically Mozilla itself had abandoned the Gecko 1.8.1 platform some
time ago but we were still getting some security fixes from Linux
vendors who continued to upstream their fixes for a while. This seems to
have dried up. We are trying to get a reply from the contact
representing the consortium of Linux vendors that have long lived stable
branches to see how much longer they will maintain this Gecko branch or
if it has been abandoned completely. Unfortunately I fear that the
latter is the case.

Phil

So were stuck with this ver 2, reminds me of a problem we had with a
Netscape version way back, also a ver 2 I think or was it ver 3?
Netscape lost a great deal of support and ground to ie after that
particular disastrous version.

Does anyone know of another Browser suite that allows multiple profiles?

SM 2.0 allows multiple profiles - they've just hidden the Profile
Manager without telling anyone...like with a few other features.

Select Switch Profiles after opening SM 2.0, and you'll get the Profile
Manager.  Once you have more than one, it will come up by default at
launch.

I spent a week trying to recover my multiple profiles and eventually
gave up, how can the developers of sm not see this as an issue and have
something in the new version to take care of this? or at the very least
warn users of this ISSUE and it is an issue, they really must be stupid.

I take it the developers are either Linux users or act like Linux users
such egg heads that they believe they are too smart for those of us
unable to code! Well, I have sm at multiple sites and will certainly not
be upgrading to ver2 and if I can find an alternate multi-profile system
I will, even if it means moving to the dreaded ie engine permanently.

You certainly won't find an all in on over in MS line. IE has never has an all in one even when it was IE 2 it was IE/OE both of which on the mac were worse than terrible. Opera has a Mail client built in I've never set it up.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com