The proposed solution to this seems to be that you're supposed to customize the tool bar, using the button from your personal toolbar.

Well, I don't have a home button on my personal toolbar. Probably because I turned it off when I installed Home Button on SM 1.1.x. And when I imported my settings from 1.1 the absence of the home button went with it.

I don't know why the concept of having a prominently displayed Home button is a foreign concept to the Mozilla folks. It kind reminds me having to re-map the [backspace] key work every time you installed Emacs: Something irritating you have to do immediately after every install and before you can do anything else.

Do people really not use a Home button? I'm pretty sure that if you put it right up there on the navigation toolbar by default, only an insignificant number of users would complain about not being able to disable it (the same number of people who would like to disable the "Back" button).

-sw

(still wondering why nothing in Windows has the keyboard equivalent of Emacs [Esc-D])