chicagofan wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Alex Strickland wrote:
Hartmut Figge wrote:
Rainer Bielefeld:

<snip>

When I tried to post a saved newsgroup post that was in drafts, I got a
message:

     "This account only supports e-mail recipients. Continuing will
ignore newsgroups"

I wonder if this may help shed some light on the original problem.

When a saved message is stored in "drafts", which account is the
"drafts" folder on??

My SM 1.1.15 was giving the same sort of message, then I realised that
when I saved a message as a draft, it was being saved in the drafts
folder of my E-mail account. An email account cannot post using NNTP.

Daniel

It sounds like someone has removed "Local" folders, which would have the "Drafts" and "Sent" files for newsgroup postings.
bj

Not necessarily. I had this accounts "Drafts" and "Templates" going to my mail accounts folders, because I didn't think there was any difference, but now we know there is!

Daniel