On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:36:54 +0100, Hartmut Figge wrote:
> D. K. Kraft:
>
>>Harmut, does one need the -no-remote parameter on both the 1.1.18 and the 2.0
>>shortcuts?  Or does it suffice just to have it on the 2.0 shortcut?
>
> I haven't tested this. When i need SM1 while running SM2 i start SM1
> with -no-remote. Or when i need SM2 while running SM1 i start SM2 with
> -no-remote.

Note: D. K. Kraft is on Windows. Hartmut is on Linux. On linux both 1.1
and 2.0 support the -no-remote command line switch. On windows only 2.0
recognizes the -no-remote switch.

For 1.1 on Windows you need to create a batch file along the lines of:

set MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1
seamonkey.exe %1 %2 %3 %4.

Actually the only reason that 1.1 on linux supports -no-remote is that
on linux "seamonkey" is a shell script that translates -no-remote into
set MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1
seamonkey-bin etc.

> And the new version of Karsten should be ready soon. :)

So aliens have kidnapped Karsten and are preparing a doppelgänger to
infiltrate the highest echelons of the SeaMonkey Council?

Phil

[ ]I'm just a peripheral visionary.
* TagZilla 0.066.6