SM2. I have a question about the History Preference in the browser.

What I was seeing was a very long list when I typed locations into the Location Bar. I want a shorter list there. There are three settings of interest to me:

Always remember visited pages for at least [__] days
I reset it to 7 days.

Remember visited pages for up to [__] days
I reset this to 3 days.

What is the difference between the above two settings? I'm reading Help but maybe it's too early in the morning for me to see a difference?

Remember up to [__] visited pages
This is currently set for 40,000 pages. That seems a little high to me. It's default is to remember forty thousand visited pages? And what's the difference between this setting and the other two?

I figure this all depends on my browsing habits. For example, I'll probably visit Amazon.com once a month and I like to type in is Amazon. I might go to TigerDirect.com every three months and all I need to type in is TigerDirect. Right now, when I type those in I'm seeing every TigerDirect web page I've visited in my lifetime and two previous lifetimes. I'm kidding about that previous lifetimes but I do get a very long list that drops down under the Location Bar.

So what would be a better starting place for the above three settings?
--
 JD..